Hunterdon Healing Arts
295 Route 22E, Suite 3
Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889
Reduce the discomfort of:
• Snoring and Sleep Apnea
What do these diseases have in common?
— They are all associated with poor breathing habits.
Well over 100,000 people worldwide have been helped by the Buteyko Breathing Method, and it has been shown to be highly effective in clinical trials in Russia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, and Ireland.
It is not yet widely-known in the United States.
While there are a number of websites providing high-quality Buteyko training, we are the only one that includes progress monitoring, coaching, and email and Skype support, for the entire duration of your six week or six month course. This is a major factor contributing to a successful outcome!
How is your breathing?
We provide proven exercises, life-style changes and coaching to improve breathing-related issues, reduce the need for medication, and provide a path to great health today and tomorrow.
That was then... This is now. We have moved with the times.
Now, all workshops and counselling sessions are online.
Frequently Asked Questions
We provide comprehensive Buteyko Breathing Training and Support
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support for the development of new breathing habits to reverse chronic overbreathing (hyperventilation) that leads to a wide variety of breathing-related disease.
- Developing new habits takes time. It cannot be done in a few lessons or even over a weekend course. We leverage the power of the web and the smartphone to provide comprehensive support and encouragement for the duration of the course.
The Buteyko Method
- The Buteyko Method is a multidisciplinary approach drawing on elements of biochemistry, biomechanics, biodynamics and psychology to address a wide variety of breathing-related health issues, which can be summed up in the Buteyko Paradox.
- The Buteyko Paradox
- The More Air We Breath - The Less Oxygen is Available to the Body and Brain
- The Less Air We Breath - The More Oxygen is Available to the Body and Brain
- The Method is designed to permanently change your breathing habits:
- Breathe through the nose at all times, never through the mouth
- Breathe into the abdominal area, not into the upper chest
- Breathe just enough air to satisfy your biological requirements
- Breathe at the optimal rate: 4.5 - 6.5 breaths per minute
This training can help you in so many ways...
- It will provide a better quality of life, by improving your breathing, your sleep, and your ability to exercise.
- It can reduce your need for asthma and allergy medications.
- Together with the other life-style changes, it will naturally reduce high blood pressure and high blood sugar.
- It can provide a boost to your athletic performance, if you're an aging athlete.
- It can greatly improve your mood and outlook on life.
Structured online lessons, coaching and workshops
Before you sign up for a course we invite you to try out the first few lessons which include a complete overview of the course. This will give you a very good idea of whether-or-not it will help you.
The 30 minute Skype Introduction
The Buteyko Breathing Method addresses a wide variety of dysfunctional breathing issues and not all the exercises are appropriate for all conditions and current state of health. When you sign up we ask you to reserve a 30 minute initial Skype consultation where we will demonstrate and explain the basic exercises, evaluate your breathing patterns, answer any of your questions, and set up an initial training program for you to match your abilities and needs.
The Four Pillars of the Buteyko-Plus™ Method
- Accountability - We provide online tools where you can enter the results of your exercises and your morning breath hold time, which is a primary measure of your progress. These are reviewed regularly by our staff who will provide appropriate feedback.
- Encouragement - When and if you feel stuck, help is always available. We will reach out to you if it looks like you are in trouble, or you can phone or email for help...
- Coaching - There are open workshops each week using Zoom where you can raise and discuss any issues, or you can raise a support ticket or book a Skype one-on-one coaching session.
- Systems - The Buteyko Plus™ Program has been specifically designed to teach Buteyko effectively over the Internet. This has involved implementing a Learning Management System (LMS) for managing the lessons, and various other systems for monitoring progress, collecting, presenting and reviewing data.
The website is fully responsive, equally convenient on the desktop computer, the tablet and smart phone.
Buteyko Breathing reduces the total amount of air that you breathe in, and by emphasizing nasal breathing, ensures that the air passes through the very effective filters in the nasal passages. Together, these will greatly reduce the number of pathogens that reach your bronchial tubes and lungs, reducing your chance of infection.
In addition, the nitric oxide produced in the nasal passages is a natural bronchodilator which can make mask-wearing more tolerable and even make breathing easier if you do contract the disease. For more details see the blogpost.
Basic Buteyko Breathing Course
This is a "bare-bones" course for those who just want to learn the theory and practice of the method and don't need the longer-term coaching and workshops to succeed.
Premium * Buteyko Breathing Course
It takes several months until Buteyko Breathing becomes an established habit.
This course provides workshops, support and coaching for a full four-month period.
* Best Value
Which course to take?
- The two Buteyko Breathing courses offered are identical in content, but they differ in the extent and duration of ongoing support and coaching. The Basic Course provides six weeks of workshops and help desk support, the Premium Course provides six months.
- If your breath-hold time is 20 or above and you think you will be able to continue successfully on your own after the initial six weeks , the Basic Buteyko Breathing Course might meet your needs.
- If your breath-hold time is less than 20 we suggest that the Premium Buteyko Breathing Course is most appropriate. You will greatly benefit from the full six-months commitment.
- In both cases you have a 30-day money back guarantee. Your full payment back if you choose to withdraw from the course within 30 days of signup for any reason.