Hunterdon Healing Arts
295 Route 22E, Suite 3
Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889
Reduce the discomfort of:
• Snoring and Sleep Apnea
What do these diseases have in common?
— They are all associated with poor breathing habits.
How is your breathing?
We provide proven exercises, life-style changes and coaching to improve breathing-related issues, reduce the need for medication, and provide a path to great health today and tomorrow.
That was then... This is now. We have moved with the times.
Now, all workshops and counselling sessions are online.
Frequently Asked Questions
We provide comprehensive Buteyko Breathing Training and Support
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support for the development of new breathing habits to reverse chronic overbreathing (hyperventilation) that leads to a wide variety of breathing-related disease.
- Developing new habits takes time. It cannot be done in a few lessons or even over a weekend course. We leverage the power of the web and the smartphone to provide comprehensive support and encouragement for the duration of the course.
This training can help you in so many ways...
- It will provide a better quality of life, by improving your breathing, your sleep, and your ability to exercise.
- It can reduce your need for asthma and allergy medications.
- Together with the other life-style changes, it will naturally reduce high blood pressure and high blood sugar.
- It can provide a boost to your athletic performance, if you're an aging athlete.
- It can greatly improve your mood and outlook on life.
Structured online lessons, coaching and workshops
The Free 30 minute Skype Introductory Lesson,
Before you sign up for a course we invite you to reserve a free 30 minute Skype introductory lesson where we will demonstrate and explain the basic exercises, evaluate your breathing patterns, and answer any questions that you might have.
The Four Pillars of the Buteyko-Plus™ Method
- Accountability - We provide online tools where you can enter the results of your exercises and your morning breath hold time, which is a primary measure of your progress. These are reviewed regularly by our staff who will provide appropriate feedback.
- Encouragement - When and if you feel stuck, help is always available. We will reach out to you if it looks like you are in trouble, or you can phone or email for help...
- Coaching - There are open workshops each week using Zoom where you can raise and discuss any issues, or you can raise a support ticket or book a Skype one-on-one coaching session.
- Systems - The Buteyko Plus™ Program has been specifically designed to teach Buteyko effectively over the Internet. This has involved implementing a Learning Management System (LMS) for managing the lessons, and various other systems for monitoring progress, collecting, presenting and reviewing data.
The website is fully responsive, equally convenient on the desktop computer, the tablet and smart phone.
Buteyko Breathing reduces the total amount of air that you breathe in, and by stressing nasal breathing, ensures that the air passes through the very effective filters in the nasal passages. Together, these will greatly reduce the number of pathogens that reach your bronchial tubes and lungs, reducing your chance of infection.
In addition, the nitric oxide produced in the nasal passages is a natural bronchodilator which can make mask-wearing more tolerable and even make it easier to breathe if you do contract a mild form of the disease. For more details see the blogpost.
Basic Buteyko Breathing Course
This is a "bare-bones" course for those who just want to learn the theory and practice of the method and don't need the longer-term coaching and workshops to succeed.
Premium * Buteyko Breathing Course
It takes several months until Buteyko Breathing becomes an established habit.
This course provides workshops, support and coaching for a full four-month period.
* Best Value
Which course to take?
- If your breath-hold time is 20 or above and you think you will be able to continue successfully on your own after the initial six weeks , the Basic Buteyko Breathing Course might meet your needs.
- If your breath-hold time is less than 20 we suggest that the Premium Buteyko Breathing Course is most appropriate. You will greatly benefit from the four-months commitment.